Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blanc 2010


In stock
Champagne, France
94 points




Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs 2010 is the quintessential Blanc de Blancs. This exceptionnal vintage celebrates the savoir-faire of the people at the heart of each bottle. This cuvée is, above all, defined by an ageing process that brings more complexity and depth. For Dom Ruinart, the Maison only selects chardonnay from exceptional terroirs, mostly grand cru. 90% of our chardonnays are chosen from the Côte des Blancs (Le Mesnil-sur- Oger, Avize, Chouilly & Cramant), the heartland of this variety, with easterly exposure; and the other 10% are from the north-facing Montagne de Reims, particularly the grand cru sites of Sillery, the Maison’s historic vineyard. Also a first with this vintage, Ruinart has revolutionised its packaging with the new "Second Skin" case, which replaced the unitary boxes. This sustainable innovation required two years of research and development. Dom Ruinart’s chalk wrap offers a new interpretation of this innovation. Velvety soft to the touch like chalk, with its gentle reliefs and crevices crisscross, as if carved directly into chalky rock. A hand-applied gold marking enhances its exceptional character. The discreetly engraved 1729 on the fastening button indicates the heritage of Maison Ruinart, the world’s first champagne House.

#3 in the Top 100 Champagnes of the World 2023 -

Dom Ruinart 2010 Blend: 100% Chardonnay from Grands Crus, 90% Côte des Blancs; Le Mesnil-sur-Oger, Avize, Chouilly and Cramant, 10% northern slopes of Montagne de Reims; Sillery, Disgorged by hand in November 2020

Dosage: 4gms/l Extra Brut


94 points
Wine Advocate

The first vintage since the 1960s to see tirage under natural cork in lieu of crown caps, the 2010 Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blancs was disgorged in November 2021. It's showing nicely, over-performing for the vintage, displaying aromas of yellow orchard fruit, toasted nuts, spices, smoke, dried white flowers and iodine. Medium to full-bodied, pillowy and layered, with impressive concentration and chalky structure, it concludes with a long, saline finish.


Cork, cage and foil
Serving Temp.
7-10 °C
Food pairing
Spicy roast dishes such as black pork tenderloin or smoked/grilled fish or seafood

Tasting Profile

The first nose reveals a powdery, floral and mineral note evoking the chypre universe of perfumery. The second nose brings together toasted and spicy notes such as nutmeg mace, roasted hazelnut and almond, and a hint of coffee.
Fig leaf aromas mingle with notes of black tea and fresh spices in the mouth. A lingering fresh finish is elevated by an elegant bitterness.

Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blanc 2010

Dom Ruinart Blanc de Blanc 2010

Suggested for you

Exclusive wine,
exceptional service.

The Reserve Cellars. ABN 89621364994 Liquor License 196883. The Reserve Cellar supports the responsible service of alcohol. It is against the law to sell or supply alcohol to, or obtain alcohol on behalf of, a person under the age of 18 years. WARNING: Under the Liquor Act 1992, it is an offence to supply liquor to a person under the age of 18 years (Penalty exceeds $6,000). for a person under the age of 18 years to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $500).

Facebook logo Instagram logo LinkedIn logo